Thursday, July 05, 2007

What Shall I Do With This Sadness?

Why does an overwhelming sadness envelop us, for some of the most trivial reasons? Just two hours ago, I had reasons to be very jubilant. Now, here I am, forlorn in my darkness.
What ails our souls? Are they meant to be this fickle?

I am singing the song, Que Sera Sera, Whatever Will Be Will Be, over and over again, it doesnt help. I have danced (more like mad hopping) to plenty of music - it doesnt help today. I read my journal from 1999 - it doesnt help.

What will become of this sadness? I cant prick it like a balloon, neither can I bottle it and toss it into the Pacific. I cannot snuff it away like a candle, neither can I suck it out like venom. I cannot bury it like a secret, neither can I pass it forward like a recycled gift.

I shall let it be. Let it be just for tonight. It is going to be one of my Long Nights.

No comments: