Thursday, January 10, 2008

Men Never Listen When You Say "I need to talk"

Men are so tiresome. They never pay attention when you say "I need to talk". I mean just the other day, I had something of great importance to discuss with Dad. So, I sat down next to him on the couch while he was watching TV,


Me: "Dad, I need your honest feedback. Are you listening?
Dad [with full attention]: "Yeah what is it?"
Me: "Well this thought has been troubling me for a bit, for a while actually. You know, like I am so totally in a dilemma. You could actually say its a sorta like a conundrum, but then its kinda bizarre. But whatever. I mean, I have been seriously thinking that I shouldn't do it. But then there are various reasons why I haven't totally written it off yet……[noticing that Dad's eyes were wavering back to the TV, so poking him] Dad are you listening ?
Dad[guiltily]: Yeah. Something is bothering you.
Me: Yeah so I was wondering if I should blah…blah…blah…yada...yada...yada. So you tell me, should I get my hair straightened again? "

...

silence

..

..

Dad [blinks]: eh?
Me: [suspicious that he hadn't noticed I straightened my hair about 9 months ago] Dad, you know that I straightened my hair, dontcha?
Dad [desperate to get back to TV, and very unconvincingly]: Of course.
Me[poking him for attention]: Dad, so should I straighten it again?
Dad [fiddling with the remote]: "Its alright I guess"
Me[exasperated]: "You mean, its alright now when its curly or its alright to straighten it?
Dad: "Yes"
Me[poking insistently]: "Dad, that's a Multiple Choice Question. Not Yes or No question"
Dad[reading the teletext news]: "uh-hmm"
Me[whining]: "Maaaaaooooommmmyyy. Dad never listens to me."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)))

Horsie said...

rotflmao

Incredibly Indian said...

HAHAHaahAAAAAAAAAAAA

Horsie said...

to the title - yeah, we men can't get into listening mode, as we are already there!! all the time..
its our default state, just as "i need to talk" is a default state for you women!!

how i wish it was a question of choice - u know switch listening ears on or off!! better still, we could switch YOUR talking states on or off!! wow..that'd be the world's best invention.

:P :P :P :P
rotflmao

Anonymous said...

would you believe it is the other way round for me?? [:)]