Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Simple Pleasures

I have 2 amazing books to read over Thanksgiving - Winterson's Lighthouse Keeping and Murakami's The Elephant Vanishes. I am as excited as a 5 year old would be on Christmas Eve, waiting to open her gifts. I wish it was perfect weather to go with these books. There are plenty of wooden benches beneath maple, birch and other trees here, which are so forlorn - yearning for someone to sit on them. But the cold is just too bone chilling to read sitting on them.

3 comments:

raj said...

Don't forget to enjoy the real world when you are done with the ficitional!Happy Thanksgiving!:)

S said...

Yep. The campus is beautiful, H... I've often wanted to sprawl out on the lawns outside Baker and read, but never managed... wonder why.

full_moon_p said...

What I wouldn't give for the uninterrupted time to read those books! If you have finished reading, how 'bout a review?