Sunday, May 06, 2007

Flute and Home

Lazy Sunday morning.
I can hear someone playing a flute right now. Something very Indian. Is it Chaurasia on CD?

Muffled through the walls. 'Tis transporting me back to home.
I am home right now.

Grandmama must be getting ready for an hour of puja. Grandpapa would be finishing up the last page of the 'Varta". My cousin must have left for school wearing mismatched socks and the belt buckle un-done even before her day begins. Aunt must be hurrying with her maid to dish out breakfast for grumbling stomachs. My uncle would have gone out to the market/temple/?

Definitely not the time to call them.

2 comments:

Chax said...

i just loved reading your posts. My parents hurried into my room worried if I was okay, even as I was laughing like a madcap reading your B'day post. I didn't find a link to comment on that post and felt lazy to try out tech-stuff. So, commenting here.
keep'em coming !! Adios !

Chax said...

and yes. i practise the guitar much to the consternation and severe pain in the ear lobes of my parents.
I was once warned by a friend to keep "that noisy ick" away from him, just as I was about to show him my new composition with all the pride ..... so ... you know ..