Saturday, May 05, 2007

The White Bird

Yesterday I saw a snow-white bird.
Pristine white wings, riding the wind. Like the sails reaping the winds on the Godavari.

I was running in the bleak rain to work.
Stepping over the filth everywhere – rotten produce, piled rubbish, decomposed meat, soggy marigolds (this is Buffalo Street at 7.15am).

I looked up.
Then I saw it – white and pure, soaring against the grey rain.
For an all too short eternity, I soared with it.

Then, I didn’t notice the filth around me.

4 comments:

The Walrus said...

nice. though, birds in singapore?

Eastertide said...

I Know. In Singapore! That was the magic of it. A white crane like bird. quite big sized. It was like a sign at that exact moment.

Chax said...

erm .. i know that's not the intent of the post .. but .. ehh .. did you step on any filth after that ? ;-)

Eastertide said...

Dear lord, I hadnt noticed. I should have checked my shoes :-)