Saturday, August 11, 2007

Blueberry Marmalade & Sour Dough Pancakes

Think happy thoughts Harika!

The tang of blueberry marmalade on sour dough pancakes, dripping with salty butter reminds me of the evening when I walked up to a 4o something man at IHOP (International House of Pancakes) and said, “Hi, My name is Harika and I was wondering whether you could marry me?”

Without a batting an eyelid, without a pause, he asked me, “When and where?”

I was mortified. While the group of rogues I was dining with in the IHOP dissolved into raucous laughter, hooting and clapping. I fled back to the table to punch a couple of noses and refused to continue playing the silly game of Truth or Dare.

While leaving, the man gave me a friendly Texan wink. America is full of cool people like that.

No comments: