Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Step by Step

Here I recall a line from my all time favourite movie The Lion in Winter -
Eleanor of Aquitaine, utterly spent from the bitter fight she just has with Henry II, asks him in unguardedly -
Eleanor : "How did we get here?"
Henry: "Step by step"

Isn't that true? Isn't that how you become your destiny? Step by step, choice by choice.

And at the end of the day, will you be able to live with the choices you made that made/unmade you? When shadows lengthen, and I am solitary, can I face my face in the crooked mirror?
Have you lived the destiny you wanted? What gnawing regrets are you harboring? Hush, now. Listen carefully. To the whispers within. Hush, now.

3 comments:

raj said...

[Silence]!

Eastertide said...

Hey raj, I cant access ur second blog. its password protected :-)

raj said...

Its open for now.. u'd probably know the reason for me taking it off ! :)later then!