Thursday, March 20, 2008

Why Are Men So Exasperating?

I wore this very 'Abercrombie & Fitch' sorta purple skirt that has this very gunny-sack, ragged and faded feel to it. My grandmother definitely wouldnt have like it. In fact she would have pointed out that her maid wears better rags than that.

Anyhoo, I was feeling very attractive in this skirt, and needed some feedback. If you havent already noticed, i need constant feedback from the men in my life. So, I approached the single most important male figure in my life, my dad. He was (you guessed it), watching news.

Me: Dad?
Dad: Uh huh.
Me: Dad, am I looking pretty?
Dad [without giving me a glance]: Uh huh
Me[whining]: Daaaaaaad
Dad[looking up]: Uh huh?
Me [doing a pirouette]: Dad, look! Look! Am I looking pretty in this skirt?
Dad [slightly puzzled]: Come a little closer.
Me[pirouetting some more]: See, its pretty, innit?
Dad [puzzled]:  you are wearing it inside out. All the thread and seams are on the outside showing.
Me[blinking]:Dad, its supposed to be that way. Its the design
Dad [more puzzled]: Eh? You mean its supposed to be worn inside out?
Me[patiently]: Dad, i aint wearing it inside out. Its the design.
Dad[even more puzzled]: You mean they instruct you to wear it inside out?
Me[accusingly]: YOU have no clue about the current fashions.
Dad[mumbling and grumbling ]: Well, i dont rightly understand rags that are being passed off as clothes these days. Not even our village beggar used to wear such  rags.
Me[sulkingly]: So, I am not pretty is it? Thats it, innit?
Dad[grudgingly]: Well in spite of wearing the rag inside out, you look alright I suppose.
Me[considerably cheering up]: Promise?
Dad[resuming watching news]: uh-huh
Me: ....blah blah blah....

But, honestly, why are men so exasperating?

2 comments:

agnivarsha said...

my god ur blog is damn good
and so is your profile.how could you manage to do so many things!i am jealous of you.haha!

Anonymous said...

:)))